You can use Telnet to monitor Addreality Player, to activate Telnet-server you need to turn it on in Player settings. After it's turned on it will start when Addreality Player is launched
Turning Telnet-server on
There is two ways to turn on Telnet-sever: in Player settings, or through Addreality Designer
To turn Telnet-server on using Designer you should take these steps:
1. Open Addreality Designer main screen
2. Right-click a device
3. Click "Telnet server settings..."
4. In a pop-up window check the "Enabled" checkbox and enter desired port, then click "Change"
To turn on Telnet-server in Player settings take these steps:
- On Player main screen click "Devices" settings button
- Click the "Telnet Server" button
- Enter desired port and switch "Telnet Server" switch to "On"
After that you can connect to launched server using Telnet and request Player and Server uptime using following commands:
- plu - displays Player uptime (in ms)
- seu - displays Telnet-server uptime (in ms)
Example of Telnet-server connection
To connect to Telnet-server take these steps:
- In OS Windows open the command line
- Type "telnet" and press "Enter"
- To connect to Telnet-server enter "o IP_address port"
- After connecting to Telnet-server you can send commands and recieve response
Telnet-server connection command example
Telnet-server commands and responses
These responses show that Player is running for 70.4 seconds and Telnet-server is running for 72.5 seconds