The controller is in Alpha testing and available only for project display for Windows
3 steps to setup project with Beacon motion detection:
- Beacon configuration
- Adapter configuration
- Beacon motion detection controller configuration
So far, Jaalee OFA beacons are recommended for Beacon projects. Also, it’s necessary to use one of the approved USB-adapters (Asus USB-BT400 and Dexp AT-BT403A).
There is the instruction for project configuration with these adapters:
Step 1. Jaalee OFA beacon configuration
- For Jaalee OFA beacon configuration it’s necessary to install the “eBeacon” application on Android device.
- After the Bluetooth activation, open the installed application.
- Find the “jaalee” device on Central tab. The closer RSSI value is to zero, the closer Bluetooth to your device. If the beacon was not configured before, it will not be visible in the list. To enable the beacon configuration , press the button until the signal sounds. The beacon will be on and available for a while.
- It is necessary to find the beacon in the application (in case of if the phone is near it, RSSI value will probably be about -40). Clicking the beacon, enter the password (default: 666666 ). If the connection notification does not disappear for a long time, it means that the beacon is out of configuration mode, press the button again until the signal sounds. After connection , select the Beacon State (0xFF70) item and Beacon State Level (0x2A80) sub-item in the main menu. It is necessary to assign 0x04 value (beacon operation mode while accelerometer operating ), use READ button to get the value and WRITE button to record.
- After that it is necessary to set the threshold of sensitivity in menu without 0x2A83 (recommended value is 0x40).
- After all these settings the configuration will be completed.
Step 2. Adapter configuration
- To change device driver (OS adapter changing), the ZADIG utility is necessary, it can be installed via link: http://zadig.akeo.ie/
- Connect the adapter to PC and launch
- Select “Options” section and “List All Devices” subsection.
- Select the adapter (Asus [BCM20702A0] VID[0B05] PID[17CB] or Dexp [CSR8510 A10] VID[0A12] PID) in the drop-down list.
- By default, BTHUSB value will be in the driver field on the left side menuю.
- Select WinUSB on the right side, click Replace Driver button and wait for the success message.
Step 3. Beacon motion detection Controller configuration
As [Windows] [ALPHA] Beacon motion detection is a trigger, it’s necessary to add the component from which switching will occur and the component to which playback will be switched.
- To add controller, select Controllers – Bluetooth - [Windows] [ALPHA] Beacon motion detection.
- Click controller component to set it up:
- Click Add event button.
- Click the event to edit (you can copy the event with all its settings and delete it using appropriate buttons).
- Assign the event settings you need on the right menu.
- Change the event name.
- Click “Link” icon for choosing the component to which the playback will be switched? set the event to switch. Check links correctness.
- In “Signal change” and “Distance change” fields enter threshold of sensitivity values above which the event is occurring (these settings are not required in step 1).
- Enter MAC addresses.
- Beacons signal changes refer to selected event (the signal changes of multiple beacons can be related to one event).
- Click OK to complete the settings, save the project or continue edit
The project setup with Beacon motion detection controller will be completed.