The checkout screens aggregate data from Siebel systems, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, 1C, warehouse accounting and checkout system.
When you run an advertising campaign on this type of device in the background mode (if there is no customers near it) it usually broadcast some current offers or neutral information. If the customer comes closer and starts the checkout process screens start to broadcasrt greeting, available discount points, promotions, targeted offers, sales check information (information is updated in real time during the registration of goods). It is also possible to add an interactive element to the broadcast and collect information from customers using questionnaires, loyalty ratings, etc.
To use the customer display, you need to connect an additional screen (it could be a touch screen) to the cash register computer on which you will need to install the Player, drag and drop it to the additional screen - it will be fixed there. The device should be managed by Windows OS and meet the minimum requirements.
To make this solution work you need to update the file "data.json" in the root of C drive. Depending on this file contents the broadcast information on the screen will be updated. It usually takes 1-2 seconds to read, parse and display the information during the update. The type of file must be JSON and it shopuld be configured according to the screens parameters.
The following broadcasting options are possible:
- Background mode (it displays the content from the second block in the template), usually it is information about promotions, hot offers or any other informational content (including the content from the Addreality Manager). In this mode the file data.json should have the "waiting" status or there shouldn't file like that at all.
- Greeting. In this mode, the customer display content changes when the cash register system starts the purchasing process. Screen data can change when the customer uses the loyalty card. In this case, you can output the targeted messages, the discount points information, special offers, etc. In this mode, the data.json file must have the "processing" status and don't have any registered products in the sales check.
- Purchase. The customer display activates this mode when the cash register system adds the goods into the check. The screen data is updated in real time. The screen displays data about the products in the check, their quantity, prices, discounts and the total amount. It can also display the information about bonuses, loyalty card points, etc. In this mode, the data.json file must have the "processing" status and have at least 1 item in the sales check.
- Printing a check. The customer display activates this mode when the cash register system starts sales check printing. Custimer display informs that the check is being printed and after 5-10 seconds (depending on the project settings) goes to the total amount of the purchase with gratitude. You can also display the number of earned points. In this mode, the data.json file must have the "printing" status.
- Customer feedback (optional). If you're using a touch sreen after 5-10 seconds from the start of the total amount displaying you can display the customer feedback form or interview the customer about something, etc. This information will be displayed in your Addreality Manager account and available for download.